Saturday, August 11, 2012

Welcome Ava!

After having contractions for a week and two trips to the hospital to stop them, we finally got the thumbs up that you could arrive on Wednesday, August 1st!  I started having 4 minute apart contractions around 3:30 p.m. and Daddy and Grandma immediately came over.  Grandma came to stay with your sister.  We went to the hospital and our doctor (Ashley Deed) was at the L&D desk and gave the go-ahead.  They had been trying to stop them because lung development is crucial during the 37th week, but you were just a couple days short of week 38 that day.  So, they started prepping me for your birth!  It was a bit scary to undergo surgery...even though I had done it before with your sister.  However, I kept my eye on the prize (you!).  Daddy took this picture as they were taking me back to surgery (he had to stay outside for a minute).


Long enough for him to take his traditional shot:


This is the first picture of you!!


Here they are cutting your umbilical cord:


Daddy got to see you first and then, for what seemed like an eternity, they finally brought you to me and this is when I first got to see you.  I can't tell you how completely happy I felt when I got to see you and knew that you were healthy and that everything was purely perfect!  My love for you in that moment was so...unreal!  No words can describe it.  I felt truly blessed and so honored to be your mother.  I can't tell you just how much I love you!


And, finally I got to hold you.  You were so little and completely sleepy.


You barely opened your eyes that whole night!


So, you were born at 8:10 p.m. on August 1st and weighed 7 pounds and 2 ounces.  You were 18.5 inches in length and completely perfect!


Your sister was the first person to meet you!  It was 10:30 p.m. and WAAAYY past her bedtime, so she was beyond tired and very confused, but she seemed to understand and be interested.  I can't possibly tell you how good she did!  She accepted you and loved you from the moment she heard you crying.


This is your first picture with both of your parents!


And, another picture with your very proud Momma.


Aren't you beautiful?!  I got you this yellow and grey dress and hat from Etsy.com so that it would be completely original and unique (just like you!).


You had a lot of visitors.  Papa and Nana came up the very next morning to visit you.



And, Jojo came the next day too.  She was out of town when you arrived and came to see you the moment that she could.


Grandma had met you the night before when she brought your sister, but here's a picture of her holding you.


Mimi got to see you too!  And, somewhere in heaven, Pops was looking down smiling.


First picture as a family of 4!!!  My dreams have come true!


Finally, it was time to go home!  We put you in your handkerchief hat.  This hat was given to you by your great, great Aunt Mary (my Granny's sister).  When it is your wedding day, you clip a few threads and this turns into a handkerchief for your wedding day.
 

 Aunt Kara finally came up to meet you on our last day there (your cousins had been sick) and helped us out to the car.

You are finally in the car in the back seat with sissy and ready to go!


Momma created a banner for you that said "Welcome Ava!" for the house.


And, Daddy decorated the house with balloons, which, unfortunately, popped before we got home because of the heat.  Glad he took a picture!


 And, here's the banner I made for the hospital door and home door that has your stats on it.


Again, I cannot possibly express how completely in love we are with you.  You make our family complete and I can't wait to spend my life with you!!  I love you!!!

Love,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment