Monday, July 1, 2013

11 Months Old


You are eleven months old today! You wear 9-12 months clothing.  You are in a size "3" diaper and size 3 shoes (we've been trying).  You weigh at least 18.5 pounds.  You are drinking 3, 8 ounce bottles a day.  You are eating baby food three times a day and eating table scraps.  You love oranges and bananas the best!  You are still taking two naps and now sleep 11 hours straight from 7:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.  You have 4 teeth on top and have 4 on the bottom, but are currently teething, so there may be more soon.  You are crawling fast, pulling up and cruising!  You are also doing "upside down", which means walking won't be far behind!  You are jabbering up a storm and I keep meaning to write down some of the random words you say, but you definitely see Sam and say "cat".  You can clap like crazy and wave "bye bye".  You also love the song "if you're happy and you know it clap your hands" and will clap your hands at the appropriate times in the song.  We've given you a few bites of sweets lately and you LOVE ice cream!  You fuss when I don't put it in your mouth fast enough and even tried to feed it to yourself when I was talking to someone the other night!  We are working with you right now to not touch adult objects on the tables like diet cokes etc. and you are understanding "no" and obeying really well.  You still look at me like "really?".  You also love to open and close doors.  That's your new favorite thing.  One of my friends that also has two babies close to you and your sister's ages was talking about how her kids compete for her attention.  You guys just never do that!  Your sister is really not that jealous when I'm doing things with you or spending some time with you.  And you are just so laid back when I'm doing something with Audrey.  You watch a lot and smile.  Sis is an endless source of entertainment for you.  I still can't believe you are 11 months.  Part of me is glad because you are bigger and I can do more stuff with you and you are more independent.  But...part of me is so sad.  These 11 months have just gone by in a blink!  I was going through clothes the other day and saw one of your teeny tiny newborn outfits and just missed you being so small and that new baby smell and the sweet baby cries and noises.  I try to enjoy every minute, but it still flies by. Some days I wish I could just freeze time and always have my cute sweet baby!  But, I'm enjoying watching you grow up and learn and I know it will just get better and better.  I love you more than words can express!

No comments:

Post a Comment